Solar Fence Prototypes
To ensure a quality solar product efficiently solving real world problems Solar Integrated is thoroughly testing the following range of prototypes:
Functional (low fidelity) Prototype
In February 2020, Solar Integrated’s in-house team designed, procured, constructed and tested a low fidelity Solar Fence prototype, acting as a precursor to our Minimum Viable Product.
- The hand-made unit tested 62.2 Wp per panel (12 PV cells / panel)
- Despite being hand-made, the prototype is waterproof with uniquely pleasing aesthetics,
- during testing, it was noticed the aluminum successfully diverted the heat away from the solar cells to itself, acting as a heat sink and raising their efficiency.
In October 2019, Solar Integrated’s team assembled mockup Solar Fences, to test the aesthetics and functionality of the final design.
- The mock up proved the feasibility of custom modular designs during the production process
- The mockup fared well in all environments, and with most audiences,
- Upon feedback, we had decided to also develop a thinner line of Solar Fences,
- Inter-panel transparency will be reduced in the MVP model.
In September 2019, Solar Integrated’s team assembled a concept prototype from film cells attached to an WPC panel, to test the overall concept of a Solar Fence weathering environmental elements and map its long-term (seasonal) behavior.
- The concept prototype weathered all seasons,
- It was very easy to keep the solar cells clear of fallen leaves, snow, pollen and dust,
- During the course of the day the fence had not formed any obstructive shadows on itself.
Form Study (Animation)
Starting in 2016, inventor Alexander Cavallieri rendered a form study based on his Solar Fence idea, to visualize the innovative solar product’s versatility, advantages and disadvantages.
- The form study validated the viability of the concept,
- exposed challenges faced in deployment and installation,
- as well as the numerous benefits the Solar Fence can offer consumers.